martes, 8 de febrero de 2011

Rolling Stone: The Beatles 100 Greatest Songs

100
Hello, Goodbye

McCartney never claimed that the irresistibly bouncy “Hello, Goodbye” was his most profound songwriting moment. “It’s just a song of duality, with me advocating the more positive;’ he said. Brian Epstein’s assistant Alistair Taylor remembered McCartney getting the idea while demonstrating how to write a song: “He had a marvelous old hand-carved harmonium. [He told me to] hit any note on the keyboard... and I’ll do the same. Whenever I shout out a word, you shout the opposite, and I’ll make up a tune. ‘Black; he started. ‘White,’ I replied. ‘Yes: No. ‘Hello: ‘Goodbye:” Although the song would be Number One for three weeks in the U.S. and for seven weeks in the U.K., Lennon was not impressed. “[‘I Am the Walrus’] was the B side to ‘Hello, Goodbye,” he said incredulously. “Can you believe it?”
Appears on Magical Mystery Tour

No hay comentarios.: